Everyone knows the struggle when it comes to buying hair products. It can get pretty expensive. I decided that I’d share with you some of my top 10 products under $10! These products are all easily available and have also proven themselves worthy to myself or those in the natural community.
- Lotta Body Moisturize Me Curl&Style Milk ($3.99 at Wal-Mart): This product has become my favorite styler! It smells amazing and leaves my curls super defined! Whenever I use this product, I just use it by itself and apply generously.
- Trader Joe’s Nourish Spa and Tea Tree Collections ($2.99 and $3.99 at Trader Joe’s): These are some of the first products I used when I went natural. These lines from Trader Joe’s are surprisingly great, especially because of how cheap they are. The Nourish Spa collection comes with a shampoo and conditioner. This one is very moisturizing! I also use this conditioner as a base for my creep conditioner. The tea tree collection is a more invigorating experience. It’s not as moisturizing to me but it definitely leaves my hair clean without feeling dry.
- Cantu Leave-In Conditioning Repair Cream ($4.65 at Target): Cantu is one of those lines that everyone loves! I use this product as a leave in. I have used this product alone to style a wash and go but it didn’t provide me the hold I needed so now I use it as a leave in with a gel on top (either eco styler gel or deva curl ultra defining gel). I have also used this in my best friend’s hair for her twistouts and braidouts.
- Crème of Nature Moisture & Shine Shampoo with Argan Oil ($4.99 at Target): This the BEST shampoo I have ever used! It does exactly what it says it does. It was super moisturizing and it actually detangled my hair (after being in a bun for a whole day after a pool day)! I was able to finger deteganle with this! Definitely 5 stars! 👌🏾
- Eden BodyWorks All Natural Leave In Conditioner ($8.49 at Target): This is a leave in that I use as a styler. This product is super moisturizing but it doesn’t define my curls as much as other leave ins have. I love this product because it gives me those carefree curls! It leaves my hair super moisturized and fluffy, which I love! And it has a pleasant smell 😍
- ApHogee Keratin & Green-Tea Restructurizer ($9.99 Target): This is one of my staples! Ever since I’ve dyed my hair, I’ve used this product as a primer for all my styles. This product replenishes keratin to your hair, which is THE defensive line for your hair when it comes to heat and color treated damage.
- Aussie Moist 3 Minute Miracle ($2.69 Target): This product makes deep conditioning super quick and easy! It comes in different collections (volume, moisture, etc.) so there’s one for everyone! You guys know by now I’m obsessed with smell, this one smells 👌🏾!
- Eco styler gel (ranging from 2.99 to $8 depending on size at Sally’s or any Beauty Supply Store): Of course this baby made the list! Every natural has used or will use this products It’s literally a one stop shop. I use it for twistouts, braidouts, edge control, smoothing a ponytail back, you name it!
- Curls Blueberry Bliss/Passion Fruit Control Paste ($8.99/$7.99 at Target): Both of these edge controls are perfect! The blueberry bliss one is more moldable so the consistency is easier to manipulate. I would suggest this one for those that like their edges layed but not super sleek. The passion fruit one has the normal consistency for an edge control so this is for those that like their edges fleeky and sleekly! And of course it smells amazing! It smells like dessert to me 😋😂
- Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie ($6.99 at Target): This product is every natural’s favorite. Almost everyone in my family uses this product! It can be used for everything, twistouts braidouts, wash and go’s, and daily moisturizing. Sometimes I even just take a little and scrunch it in my hair because I just love the smell. Shea Moisture even did some repackaging and the new sizing is even cheaper!