As we just celebrated the beginning of a new year, I thought it’d be best to recap my top 10 moments of 2016! Although the year did have its downs, these moments definitely made up for it.
- The start of Sydneyysmiless: In 2016, February 29th to be exact, I revealed sydneyysmiless to the world and it has grown so much since then!
- Seeing President Obama: Speaks for itself. This is THE greatest moment of 2016 😍🙌🏾
- Meeting my curl crush FroGirlGinny: Not only did I get to meet my curl crush on my 21st birthday, but I met and made so many curlfriends!
- Getting my hair colored by @Colormecurls at Curls Rock hair Studio (Boca Raton, Fl): This was my first experience with a deva curl salon and the first time I ever got my hair colored professionally. It was such a great experience and my color is still going strong 6 months later!
- I voted in my first election: Even though the election didn’t turn out the way some of us wanted, it was such an experience being able to finally exercise my right as a citizen.
- Winning a photoshoot and meeting @Justjphotography_ (Instagram): The photos speak for themselves. She really helped me bring out my #blackgirlmagic
- Meeting @Miss_Rizos and @KurlyCrown (Instagram) in Tampa at their curly girl meetup!
- Finally getting to meet my spirit animal: Giraffes! Not only did I get to see my God-mother that I hadn’t seen in over 4 years on this day, but I met my new God-sissy, Anna, AND I got to feed the giraffes! 😭
- Getting glasses: You guys might not know this but I’ve been struggling with my eyesight and this year I finally got the right glasses! It might seem small but when you’re so used to seeing everything blurry and then all of a sudden you put glasses on and you can see clearly, your life change
- Putting in my Intent to Graduate: It’s not as good as actually graduating, but its pretty darn close! Soon I will be UCF Alumni 🙌🏾
I purposely didn’t include any of the downs of 2016 because they are in the past; no need to dwell on things that have already happened (my motto for 2017). Although many of those downs changed my life forever, it was nice to reflect on the many good things that happened in 2016 and to see how far I have come. I’d also like to thank all of you for keeping up with me as Sydneyysmiless grows! I appreciate all of you that take the time out to read my posts and follow me along this journey. 2017 will bring many more opportunities so stay tuned to see what’s next! ✨
Peace, love and light,